Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Xi Jinping Replaces Hu Jintao as China Communist Party Leader

 Bloomberg News - Nov 14, 2012

Xi Jinping replaced Hu Jintao as head of the Chinese Communist Party, ushering in the fifth generation of leaders set to run the world’s second-biggest economy over the next decade. He was also named chairman of the party’s Central Military Commission.

Xi, 59, succeeds Hu as general secretary of the 82 million- member party that has run China since 1949, the official Xinhua News Agency announced. He’s joined on the elite Politburo Standing Committee by Li Keqiang, 57, whose new party rank indicates he will replace Premier Wen Jiabao at a March meeting. Xi and Li are both young enough to serve two full five-year terms, stretching their tenures to 2022. Xinhua named seven members to the Standing Committee.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment