Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, February 24, 2014

Computers to surpass human intelligence by 2029


One of America’s head inventors and futurists, Ray Kurzweil, is claiming that computers will be so advanced by 2029 they will be capable of telling us jokes and even flirting. Kurzweil has been known for his bold forecasts about the tech world.
His inventions include speech-recognition machines, scanners, and synthesizer keyboards. For one prediction he had made in 1990, he declared that within 10 years’ time a computer would win in a chess game playing a human. Just seven years later, Garry Kasparov, a grand master at chess, was defeated by the computer known as Deep Blue. The top expert for Google also predicted the wide usage of the Internet.
Kurzweil said, during an interview with The Observer, that a decade ago experts in artificial intelligence (AI) believed that computers would not overtake human being for hundreds of years. "And a pretty good contingent thought that it would never be done,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment