Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, December 7, 2014

China to train 30,000 overseas Chinese language teachers

Xinhua - 2014-12-07

BEIJING - Plans to train about 30,000 overseas Chinese teachers by the end of 2017 were announced on Sunday.
Better curricula, improved textbooks and standard testing for students are also on the agenda, Qiu Yuanping, head of the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council told the third World Chinese Language and Culture Education Conference.
There are more than 60 million overseas Chinese in about 200 countries and regions, and some 20,000 schools of Chinese language and culture overseas. However, many schools lack guidelines, textbooks and financial support.
At the two-day conference, Qiu said the office will help establish 100 demonstration schools by the end of 2017 and support another 200 that are in need or emerging.
The conference, which started Sunday, attracted about 600 representatives from about 50 nations and regions.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment