Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

When will man become machine?

By Zoe Kleinman Technology reporter

BBC News  - 27 December 2014   

"I think the development of full artificial intelligence [AI] could spell the end of the human race."
Professor Stephen Hawking's verdict on AI in a recent BBC interview wasn't exactly good news for the rest of us.
"Once humans develop AI it will take off on its own and redesign itself at an ever increasing rate. Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn't compete and would be superseded," he said.
Machines can already "outlive" the humble human many times over, according to tech editor, investor and author Michael S Malone who grew up in Silicon Valley.
"Every living thing has one billion heartbeats in its lifetime," he told the BBC.
"The modern micro processor goes through the equivalent of 5-10 billion operations per second.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment