Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, December 29, 2014

What Do Professors Do All Day?

Lisa Wade  

Professor of sociology based in Los Angeles

The Huffington Post - 04/25/2014

Anthropologists John Ziker, David Nolin, Matt Genuchi and Kathryn Demps decided to try to find out. They recruited a non-random sample of 16 professors at Boise State University and scheduled interviews with them every other day for 14 days. In each interview, they reported how they spent their time the previous day. In total, he collected data for 166 days.
It's a small, non-random sample at just one university, but here's what he discovered.
All ranks worked over 40 hours a week (average of 61 hours/week) and all ranks put in a substantial number of hours over the weekends:


READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment