Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mahathir’s Son Mukhriz Loses UMNO Bid to Najib’s Cousin

By Manirajan Ramasamy

Bloomberg News - Oct 20, 2013

Mukhriz Mahathir, the 48-year-old son of Malaysia’s longest-serving prime minister, lost his bid to become a vice president of the country’s biggest political party, setting back plans to establish himself as a future national leader.

Mukhriz came in fourth in a weekend vote by members of the ruling United Malays National Organisation to select three vice presidents, beaten to third place by Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein, Prime Minister Najib Razak’s cousin. Fellow incumbents Rural and Regional Development Minister Mohd Shafie Apdal and Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi secured the most votes, official results on the party’s website show.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment