Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Robots May Revolutionize China's Electronics Manufacturing

Machines in Pipeline to Supplant Workers as Pay Soars and People Age

By PAUL MOZUR and EVA DOU

The Wall Street Journal - September 24, 2013

A new worker's revolution is rising in China and it doesn't involve humans.
With soaring wages and an aging population, electronics factory managers say the day is approaching when robotic workers will replace people on the Chinese factory floor.
A new wave of industrial robots is in development, ranging from high-end humanoid machines with vision, touch and even learning capabilities, to low-cost robots vying to undercut China's minimum wage.

Over the next five years these technologies will transform China's factories, executives say, and also fill a growing labor shortage as the country's youth become increasingly unwilling to perform manual labor. How the transformation plays out will also go a long way in deciding how much of the electronics supply chain remains in China.

To read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment