Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Peace is war: Israeli settler-colonialism and the Palestinians

Reframing war as a means to peace was and is an integral element of the Zionist project, writes scholar.

By Joseph Massad

Al-Jazeera - 01 Nov 2013

"Herzl's dual approach of declaring peaceful intentions for public consumption behind which he sought to hide Zionism's violent strategy of conquering the land of the Palestinians... continues to be the cornerstone of Israeli policy to the present," writes author [AP]
On the eve of the anniversary of the Balfour Declaration, Columbia University Professor Joseph Massad explains how the reframing of the concepts of peace and war were at the core of the Zionist strategy in colonising Palestine.

Ever since its colonial project was set in motion, Zionism has insisted that it seeks to colonise Palestine "peacefully", indeed that its colonisation of the country will not only not harm the native population, but that it would be of benefit to them.

To read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment