Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Real Web of America's Economic Life

The Daily Take, The Thom Hartmann Program | Op-Ed
Wednesday, 13 November 2013

There isn't much diversity in America's economic web of life.
An image that was first posted on Reddit last year, and was recently grabbed by the folks over at PolicyMic, shows just how out-of-control corporate America has become in the years since Ronald Reagan stopped enforcing the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.
Right now, there are 10 giant corporations that control, either directly or indirectly, virtually everything we buy.
These corporations are Kraft, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Nestle, Proctor and Gamble, General Mills, Kellogg's, Mars, Unilever, and Johnson & Johnson.
These 10 corporations in turn own, market, or distribute what people think of as the products of hundreds of other companies.

To read more.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment