Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

11 slogans that changed China

By Joe Boyle

BBC News - 25 December 2013

China is marking 120 years since the birth of former leader Mao Zedong. During his tumultuous three decades in power, Mao elevated political sloganeering to an art form.
Although Mao's successors have shaken off many of his more extreme doctrines, they continue to deploy slogans at a dizzying rate. Here are 11 slogans that transformed China.

1. Let 100 flowers bloom (百花齐放) 1956
The use of slogans is solidly linked to patterns in everyday Chinese speech, where short rhythmic phrases are considered to be the clearest way of speaking.
These kinds of phrases are often represented by four characters in Chinese and have been deployed by leaders for more than 2,000 years.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment