Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, December 2, 2013

Accused of Cyberspying, Huawei Is ‘Exiting the U.S. Market’

By Shane Harris and Isaac Stone Fish

Foreign Policy - Monday, December 2, 2013

The CEO of the world's biggest telecommunications equipment maker, which for years has been labeled by U.S. officials as a proxy for Chinese military and intelligence agencies, says he's giving up on America.
In a rare interview on Nov. 25 with French journalists, Ren Zhengfei, the 69-year-old founder and CEO of China-based Huawei, said he would no longer look for business in the United States, in the wake of accusations from lawmakers and government officials that the company is a de facto arm of the Chinese authorities. "If Huawei gets in the middle of U.S-China relations," and causes problems, "it's not worth it," Ren reportedly said, according to a Chinese transcript of the interview. "Therefore, we have decided to exit the U.S. market, and not stay in the middle."
To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment